Saturday, December 24, 2016

Getting to Know Dr. John Wanebo, Neurosurgeon at Barrow Brain and Spine

After arriving at Osborne Medical Center, I first met Dr. John Wanabo.  He informed me very specifically what an MRI was, what my MRI looked like, and made the decision to put me on anti-seizure Medication Levetiracetam (Keppra) 500mg anti-seizure medication. 500mg might seem like a lot, however this is the lowest dosage as the maximum is 3000 mg.

After explaining this to me I knew right away the risk of a second seizure (aftershock) was highly unlikely. Even after the surgery, I currently remain on this medication today (two a day and will take it for the rest of my life). Today I describe my seizure as two tectonic plates colliding just like the San Andreas Fault some of you live on. My Dad liked him right away because he has a BS Degree in Mathematics. Mom liked him because he was a brain surgeon! I love him because he saved my life! 

Dr. John Wanebo


Education

MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine
BS, Mathematics, United States Naval Academy
Internship, National Naval Medical Center
General Medical Officer, Naval Support Force Antarctica

Residencies and Fellowships

Residency, Washington University School of Medicine, Neurosurgery
Residency, National Naval Medical Center, Neurosurgery
Fellowship, Barrow Neurological Institute, Cerebrovascular and Skull Base Surgery

Board Certifications

American Board of Neurological Surgeon




No comments:

Post a Comment